RISING ‘ EBO’ EMPLOYEE BENEFIT COST OBLIGATIONS AND HOW TO PAY FOR THEM with special guest, Anthony Mosel of Signator Financial
Understandably, most employers’ top two objectives or goals are cost control and employee retention. Providing valued benefits to your employees communicates concern for their financial and physical well-being. Employee Benefit Obligations should be viewed as long term corporate investments. Rising employee costs are not short term liabilities. With continue rising benefit costs coupled with the persistent low interest rate environment, it is critical for credit unions to explore all viable investment strategies. We will review NCUA 701.19 expansion of “otherwise impermissible” investment opportunities to assist credit unions in mitigating rising EBO costs. This webinar provides an explanation of the methodology and analytical tools required to initiate the EBO investment planning process. Senior management and ALCO Board members will benefit from this training. Participants will further understand and define the following foundational terms and concepts:
· INVESTMENT REGULATORY GUIDELINES 703.13 14 & 701.19
· ASSESSING EMPLOYEE BENEFIT OBLIGATIONS
· EXPERT GUIDANCE
· BALANCE INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO RISK & RETURN
· MAINTAIN, ATTRACT & RETAIN BEST EMPLOYEES
· FINANCIAL TOOLS TO STRENGTHEN CU BOTTOM LINE
· IDENTIFY AND UNDERSTAND EBO INVESTMENT STRATEGIES TO IMPROVE CU INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO YIELD
· MEASURE AND CONTROL RISK WHILE IMPROVING LIQUIDITY THRU LADDERED MATURITIES
If you know of a credit union professional who is not a client of TCT but may benefit from this webinar, feel free to have them notify us for an invite.
*Please note that webinars times are listed for the Eastern Time zone, so make adjustments for your time zone.